Friday, February 09, 2007

More on graphs - garmin gps training centre - hopeless

Following on from my previous post about graphs, here is an awful example from my Garmin Training Centre. The Garmin Forerunner 305 is a GPS device for runners. The graph shows my pace over a 15 mile run. You can see from the graph that I stopped a couple of times (to check the map - honest). The problem with the graph is that the fixed scale, which you apparently cannot change, goes from -10:00 min/mile pace (?!) to 1:10:00 min/mile pace (?! Walking pace is 20 min/miles). My normal running pace is from 6:30 min/mile to 8:30 min/mile pace. Even at the extremes I might need to see 5:00 min/mile to 12:00 min/mile. With this ludicrus default y-axis on the graph, the data shown is impossible to interpret.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home